- How to correctly prepare the application for exchanges and trainings during PhD studies?
- Where to get additional information on Post-doc projects?
- Is your wish to establish new research teams? Or do you want that after post-doc you return to Slovenia and continue your scientific career in Slovenia?
- Are you interested in hearing the experiences of successful applicants and reviewers?
WHERE? Faculty of Chemistry and Chemical Technology (Večna pot 113, Ljubljana).
WHO? Present and future PhD students, Early-stage researchers, Mentors, and others.
Conference program is here.
The event is free of charge. The event is in Slovenian language.
You can apply on DMRS.eu website between 20th and 26th September 2014 or until open positions are filled.
More info on: http://www.dmrs.eu/dejavnosti/znanstveni-inkubator/.
This year's main topics are energy, ecology, health & ICT.
Friday, 26 September 2014
- Ljubljana (Kongresni trg, Ljubljansko barje, Gimnazija Šentvid, Gozdarski institut Slovenije)
- Novo mesto (Fakulteta za zdravstvene vede Novo mesto, Viskoka šola za tehnologije in sisteme, Fakulteta za poslovne in upravne vede, Fakulteta za informacijske študije v Novem mestu)
- Izola (Univerza na Primorskem, Fakulteta za vede o zdravju)
- Planica (Center za planetarne in biomedicinske raziskave Planica)
More information on the event is available on the organizer's web page (Jožef Stefan Institute).
Join us and be part of this unforgettable experience.
Expected IPS Senate Meetings:
July 8, 2014
September 9, 2014
October 7, 2014
November 11, 2014
December 9, 2014
January 13, 2015
February 10, 2015
March 10, 2015
April 14, 2015
May 12, 2015
June 9, 2015
July 7, 2015
September 8, 2015
September 30, 2015 (Corr. Session)
October 6, 2015
Materials for the Senate meeting should be submitted at least 15 days before the meeting.
First Info Day will coincide with the IPS Student's conference and will be held on Thursday, 22 May 2014, at 11:30 a.m.. The second Info Day will be held on Tuesday, 9 September 2014, at 2 p.m..
Candidates for enrolment into postgraduate study programmes can apply in two enrolment periods:
1st Enrolment Deadline: The 1st enrolment period is from 15 May to 15 September 2014.
2nd Enrolment Deadline: The 2nd enrolment period is from 16 September to 30 September 2014 or until all positions are filled.
Number of Open Positions
Doctoral degree study programmes: for the citizens of Slovenia and the EU countries 25 open positions are available for each year at the Nanosciences and Nanotechnologies programme, 15 open positions at the Ecotechnology programme, and 15 open positions at the Information and Communication Technologies programme.
Master degree study programmes: for the citizens of Slovenia and the EU countries 15 open positions are available for each year at each study programme.
50% of all the enrollment positions are available for citizens from other countries. These rules for the first enrollment apply also for parallel study, the change of the study programme and other programme crossings.
Send the Applications for Enrolment to:
Jožef Stefan International Postgraduate School, Jamova 39, 1000 Ljubljana
Enrolment forms, criteria, the candidate selection procedure and information on studies are available on the Jožef Stefan International Postgraduate School website (http://www.mps.si/). Where necessary, IPS will offer help in acquiring grants.
Applications should include the following documents:
• short CV
• Diploma – Degree Certificate (if not issued in Slovenia, the candidate also adds the form N, which is available at http://www.mizs.gov.si/fileadmin/mizs.gov.si/pageuploads/ENIC-NARIC_center/obrazec_N__navodila_in_seznam-ENG.pdf; for more information see: http://www.mizs.gov.si/si/delovna_podrocja/direktorat_za_visoko_solstvo_in_znanost/enicnaric_center/
• Motivation letter for studies at a particular study programme and the description of the research field (1 Page)
• Certificate of studies with a transcript of records and an average grade
• Letter(s) of recommendation (optional)
• Description and certificates of work experience (optional)
• 2 photos for documents (35 x 42 mm)
Doctoral Studies Enrolment Requirements:
Students eligible to apply for enrolment into doctoral study programmes have graduated from:
• a 2nd cycle study programme,
• a direct master’s degree study programme, if evaluated with 300 credit points,
• an earlier (before Bologna declaration) study programme for the university degree.
Graduates from earlier study programmes for acquiring specialisation who have concluded professional higher education programme have to fulfil study obligations worth 30 credit points of individual research work to enrol in the third-cycle study programme.
Graduates from earlier study programmes for acquiring the master degree or specialisation who have concluded the study programme for university degree shall be given recognition for 60 credit points worth of study obligations in the third-cycle doctoral study programme.
Master Studies Enrolment Requirements:
Eligible for enrolment in the first academic year of second-cycle study programmes are candidates who have graduated in the first-cycle study programmes in natural sciences, technical disciplines or computer science earning at least 180 credit points, or have completed higher education studies in these fields comprising at least three years of lectures. Candidates must also be proficient in English, which they can prove by language proficiency certificates.
Graduates from first-cycle study programmes in other disciplines, totalling 180 credit points, should address their applications to the IPS Study Commission, which defines study obligations to be met by candidates before enrolment in the first academic year. These obligations are defined from the teaching modules of the first-cycle study programme depending on the dissimilarity of the disciplines concerned, and total between 10 and 60 credit points. Candidates can fulfil these obligations either during their first-cycle degree studies, through advanced training programmes or by passing the relevant exams before enrolment in the master’s degree study programme.
Candidates who have completed first-cycle undergraduate study programmes, totalling 240 KT, in natural sciences, technical disciplines or computer science may enrol in the second academic year of the second-cycle studies and will be given recognition for 60 credit points worth of study obligations. On enrolment, their compulsory exams earning 18 to 21 credit points will be individually determined so that they can obtain knowledge and skills complementary to their previous studies. The student shall additionally have to acquire 60 credit points from individual research work, master thesis and other selected courses.
Other candidates that acquired more than 180 credit points during their undergraduate studies, specialist studies or in some other forms of education can address a request to the IPS Study Commission, which will discuss each case separately and determine the number of recognized second-cycle study obligations (60 credit points to the maximum).
In case of limited admission, the Study Commission shall prepare the list of accepted candidates on the basis of the following criteria: Achievements in first-cycle (average and diploma grades) and undergraduate studies, eventual work experience and other study or research achievements, prizes and awards stated in the CV and letter of motivation for studies.
Detailed Description of Study Programmes:
1. The programme Nanosciences and Nanotechnologies comprises:
- nanomaterials: functional and quantum nanomaterials, magnetic nanoparticles, nanoceramics, nanowires, layered and single-layered nanomaterials
- properties of nanomaterials: research of electronic magnetic and optical properties in complex nanosystems and nonlinearities with femtosecond spectroscopy
- application of nanomaterials as catalysts, nanosensors, electronic and computer elements and in biotechnology, pharmaceutical technology and environmental technology
- molecular foundations of life sciences: nanobiology, molecular and structural biology, biochemistry, proteomics, cell biology …
2. The programme Information and Communication Technologies comprises:
- computer structures and systems, including embedded, parallel and distributed systems
- knowledge technologies, intelligent systems, language technologies
- contemporary concepts in telecommunications
- advanced internet technologies and applications, security and protection in ICT systems
- automation, robotics and biocybernetics, computer automation and control
3. The programme Ecotechnology comprises:
- sustainable development with the integration of environmental, technological, economic, social and health
- environmental management systems, environmental control and development
- enhancement of the effective use of raw materials and energy, waste minimisation and recycling
- reduction of negative effects of production and transport on environment and people, as well as improving the endangered environment
- development and application of clean technologies and products
- technology management
Location of the study: Ljubljana
Duration of the study: two years for the master studies and three years for the doctoral studies.
The enrolment procedure must be completed by October 15, 2014 at the latest. All further information is available via email (email@example.com).
IPS obtained Erasmus Charter for Higher Education 2014-2020 and is participating in the ERASMUS program, which allows for exchanges of students and professors.
The candidates are requested to fill the bilateral agreement and provide information about the contact person at foreign university, starting date and length of requested exchange to IPS Secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The IPS Senate will decide on received proposals until the funds are available.
Erasmus Policy Statement, Erasmus Charter and draft of a Bilateral Agreement on Erasmus exchange are published among documents for collaborators.
More information: http://www.cmepius.si/vzu/erasmus.aspx
The candidates are requested to provide information about the contact person at the Norwegian institution, starting date and length of requested exchange to IPS Secretariat (email@example.com).
The IPS Program Study Commission for Ecotechnology will decide on received proposals until the funds are available.