ENROLMENT TO IPS 2017/2018
The Jožef Stefan International Postgraduate School (IPS) provides:
- Three-year (six semesters) third-level study programme , which includes preparation of a doctoral dissertation, and leads to the award of a "doktor znanosti"* degree
- Two-year (four semester) second-level study programme, which includes the preparation of a master thesis, and leads to the award of a "magister"* degree
The basic objectives of these studies are to qualify the student for:
- Independent or team research and development work,
- Work on applied projects in industry,
- Mastering the methods and techniques of scientific research,
- International integration of research and development work,
- Resolving issues associated with the transfer and adaption of the new technologies,
- Performing management functions in business, administration, conducting research, and research management.
As a rule, the studies are conducted as a full-time studies based on the ECTS credit framework. Candidates can select their optional courses and term paper topics by themselves with the aid of their mentors. The studies include various forms of work: lectures, seminars, laboratory practicals, seminar practicals, individual research work and project work dealing with actual cases from the business practices of domestic and foreign companies.
The study programme consists of three parts:
I. General Knowledge and Skills in the Field of Study Programme
This part enables the acquisition of special skills and the mastering of methods and techniques in the selected disciplines and interdisciplinary areas.
II. General Knowledge and Skills in Law, Management and Sustainable Development
This part is intended for the dissemination and deepening of knowledge about the local and global aspects of sustainable development, as well as the planning and management of development projects.
The study programme in parts I and II is organized primarly in the form of lectures delivered by the invited domestic and foreign university teachers and researchers, and seminar discussions conducted by experts from local and foreign industry. Within part I, postgraduate students may also be included in the selected parts of the programmes of the participating foreign universities.
III. Research Work
This part enables the students to master the current specific research methods and techniques in the area of study and, in collaboration with industry, qualifies them to apply and manage superior knowledge and skills in industry.
The tuition fee for second- and third-level studies for students, who first enrolled after January 1, 2011 amounts to 3,960.00 EUR per year.
The tuition fee covers the cost of teaching and organization.
As the IPS is a research-based postgraduate school, all postgraduates participate in research work within domestic, international or industrial research projects.
Academic year runs from 1 October to 30 September.
The Winter Semester starts on October 15, 2016 and ends on January 31, 2017. The Summer Semester starts on March 1, 2017 and ends on June 15, 2017.
The 2016/2017 Academic Year Calendar defines the following pattern of organized teaching and assessment periods:
|Academic year 2016/2017|
|REGULAR ENROLLMENT PERIOD: ||October 1st, 2016 to October 15th, 2016 |
|WINTER SEMESTER:||October 15th, 2016 to January 31st, 2017|
|WINTER EXAMINATION PERIOD:||February 1st, 2017 to February 29th, 2017|
|SPRING SEMESTER:||March 1st, 2017 to June 15th, 2017|
|SPRING EXAMINATION PERIOD:||June 16th, 2017 to July 15th, 2017|
|AUTUMN EXAMINATION PERIOD:||September 1st, 2017 to September 30th, 2017|