Call for Enrolment and Application
The enrolment application for the 2013/2014 study year is no longer possible.
After submiting electronic application candidates for the first enrolment should send by post (marked: ENROLMENT APPLICATION) by September 15, 2012 the following:
2. Diploma – Degree Certificate (if not issued in Slovenia, the candidate also adds the form N, which is available at
3. Motivation for studies, including description of research field (1 Page)
4. Certificate of studies with an average grade
5. Letter(s) of recommendation (optional)
6. Description and Certificates of Work experience (optional)
7. Two photos for documents (35 x 42 mm)
Candidates must complete the enrolment interview with the head of the study program, suggest a supervisor and in case of enrolment into the 1st year also select a list of courses in agreement with the suggested supervisor.
Eligible for enrolment in the first academic year of second-level study programmes are candidates who have graduated in the first-level study programmes in natural sciences, technical disciplines or computer science earning at least 180 credit points, or have completed higher education studies in these fields comprising at least three years of lectures. Candidates must also be proficient in English, which they can prove by language proficiency certificates.
Graduates from first-level study programmes in other disciplines, totalling 180 credit points, should address their applications to the IPS Study Commission, which defines study obligations to be met by candidates before enrolment in the first academic year. These obligations are defined from the teaching modules of the first-level study programme depending on the dissimilarity of the disciplines concerned, and total between 10 and 60 credit points. Candidates can fulfil these obligations either during their first-level degree studies, through advanced training programmes or by passing the relevant exams before enrolment in the master’s degree study programme.
Candidates who have completed first-level undergraduate study programmes, totalling 240 KT, in natural sciences, technical disciplines or computer science may enrol in the second academic year of the second-level studies and will be given recognition for 60 credit points worth of study obligations. On enrolment, their compulsory exams earning 18 to 21 credit points will be individually determined so that they can obtain knowledge and skills complementary to their previous studies.
Anticipated number of available places for each year of studies:
- Nanosciences and Nanotechnologies: 15
- Information and Communication Technologies: 15
- Ecotechnology: 15
In the case of limited admission the Study Commission shall prepare the list of accepted candidates on the basis of the following criteria:
- achievement in undergraduate studies,
- achievement in optional exam, including the evaluation of eventual prizes and awards, for employed candidates: work experience and recommendations of employers, bibliography of published and accomplished works.
The list of accepted candidates shall be approved by the IPS Senate by October 15 of the current year.