Call for Enrolment and Application
The enrolment application for the 2013/2014 study year is no longer possible.
After submiting electronic application candidates for the first enrolment should send by post (marked: ENROLMENT APPLICATION) by September 15, 2012 the following:
2. Diploma – Degree Certificate (if not issued in Slovenia, the candidate also adds the form N, which is available at
3. Motivation for studies, including description of research field (1 Page)
4. Certificate of studies with an average grade
5. Letter(s) of recommendation (optional)
6. Description and Certificates of Work experience (optional)
7. Two photos for documents (35 x 42 mm)
Candidates must complete the enrolment interview with the head of the study program, suggest a supervisor and in case of enrolment into the 1st year also select a list of courses in agreement with the suggested supervisor.
Candidates who have graduated in:
• the second-level study programme
• direct master's degree study programme, if evaluated with 300 credit points
• earlier (before Bologna declaration) study programme for the university degree are eligible for enrolment in the doctoral study programme.
Graduates from earlier study programmes for acquiring specialisation who have concluded professional higher education programme have to fulfil study obligations worth 30 credit points of individual research work to enrol in the third-level study programmes.
Graduates from earlier study programmes for acquiring the master degree or specialisation who have concluded the study programme for university degree shall be given recognition for 60 credit points worth of study obligations in the third-level doctoral study programme. Upon enrolling such candidates shall be individually given compulsory supplementary exams worth 24 credit points to acquire comprehensive entry knowledge required. These exams shall be defined from the doctoral study programme set of courses. The sum of all credits, earned from the compulsory supplementary exams, individual research work, seminars for the academic year 2 and 3 and eventual optional courses of candidate's choice is worth 120 credit points, meaning that the candidate earns, together with 60 credit points earned from the recognised obligations, 180 credit points.
Anticipated number of available places for each year of studies:
- Nanosciences and Nanotechnologies: 25
- Information and Communication Technologies: 15
- Ecotechnology: 15
• achievement in the second-level study (average study grade 10%, master thesis evaluation 10%)
• achievement in the optional exam (80%), which is taking place as a written or an oral exam in presence of a study programme commission, appointed by the Head of the programme. During the exam the candidate shall also present his concluded scientific and professional work, relevant for the chosen study programme. The commission shall evaluate the candidate’s achievement in the optional exam and submit the grade of the optional exam together with the study achievement evaluation to the Study Commission, which classifies the candidates for enrolling in individual academic year of particular study programme.
The main criteria for the evaluation of candidate's scientific work in optional course are following publications:
• original scientific articles with a review in impact factor journals (JCR) or in journals, indexed in data collection SCI, SSCI or A&HCI
• scientific monograph or an independent scientific essay in a monograph,
• documented published papers at congresses, symposia and scientific seminars.
The Commission shall during the optional exam separately consider the patents.
The main criteria for the evaluation of the candidate's professional work in optional course are:
• popular scientific book
• editor or co-editor of a scientific publication, book
• scientific paper
• published presentations, reports or expertises
• popular scientific papers
• other documented professional activities on the commission’s judgement.
The list of accepted candidates shall be approved by the IPS Senate by October 15 of the current year.